Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The U.S. Farm Report...The Town and Country Journal


The Town and Country Journal and the U.S. Farm Report are two things that have always captivated and intrigued me. As a kid, oh I guess around 6 years old, I remember setting my alarm clock to wake me at 4:30am so I could watch the Town and Country Journal followed by the U.S. Farm Report. It was one of my favorite things to watch ...and still is. I still sometimes get up at that same time on Sunday mornings to watch the show. There's something about watching a show about American farming, farming news...even farming commercials, and life in "Small Town America", at that time of the morning that is just...I don't know, I can't explain it..I just love it! It wouldn't be the same if it came on at any other time of day. There's not a whole lot more to say about it other than, if you get a chance to watch, give it a try...you may fall in love with like I did at 6 years old. It just brings about a feeling..I'm not sure what it is but it's very good and nostalgic...somehow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man if that aint a KOOL picture- I always wanted to be a storm chaser, in some southwestern state, just like that picture but with some dark clouds and a funnel brewing!

Carol K said...

DT...Hehe, I really do think we were separated at birth!!