Thursday, August 16, 2007

Trains and Ships....


I love trains and ships....especially freight trains and cargo ships! I love the way they look, the way they sound, I love everything about them. I often wonder where they've been and where they're going, what they've heard and what they've seen..what they could tell us if they could talk. My husband and I live two blocks from the train in our town. We get to see it and hear it all the time.
When I was a kid, my cousins, brother, and I used to stay at my grandparents house a lot...in the middle of the night we'd hear the trains from one end of the city and the ships from the other end on the Mississippi River. I'll never forget that..whenever I hear trains or ships I think of those days when I was a young kid at my Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house. Those sights and sounds are incredibly nostalgic for me. Trains and ships say AMERICA to me! In the pictures that go along with this post you see ADM tankers and the Doric Glory on the Mississippi River in New Orleans

No comments: